Happy New Year
Happy New Year everyone! Many people take time to make resolutions about things they would like to change or do on a personal level, but what about as a business. What are things that you would like to change about your business? What are some goals they you would like to achieve? Now would be a great time to sit down at the computer or just jot down in a notebook some small and large goals for the year. Maybe make some small goals to finally get into social media or increase your followers by 500; finally nail down that branding you have been thinking about for years; or update your website. Your larger goals may be to get a website, launch a new product, or grow your client base by 100%. The first step to growing your business is to recognize and set goals. Once you have identified some of the things you would like to achieve, break down each item into baby steps. It will help make things less overwhelming. If you want to get into social media:
- First determine who is the customer base you are trying to reach. Are they on twitter or facebook?
- Who is going to manage the account? Are you, an employee, or will you be hiring a professional?
- If you or an employee will be managing the account spend a little time reading about the do’s and don’ts of social media. Search Engine Land has some great articles to start.
- Make a short 10 list of what to do and not to do.
- Next open up the account.
- Set-up and design the account so that is matches the branding of your business. Include logos, photos, and colors that represent your business.
- If you are limited on time, open up a Roost Account. Roost allows you to fill in a weeks worth of posts or tweets at one sitting. The only thing is that you need to know everything ahead of time. You can always add additional tweets/posts if something comes up.
- Start posting/tweeting. You will need to promote your account so that people know you are on there. Run a special promotion on the social media you choose is a great way to start.
This is just to place to start. It is up to you to decide what your business needs for the year. I can always help with your marketing, design, and development or I can just help you figure out where to start. Good Luck!
Leave a Comment