The social media classes will be continuing at Santa Fe Community College although there are some changes. I am still teaching 4 classes but rather than 4 consecutive classes running one month each during a semester, they have been broken up into 2 semesters. Each class will be 8 weeks longs.
- 21319 - FDMA 1470 SD1 FORMERLY MART 111 Intro to Social Media Basics
21320 FDMA 1476 SD1 FORMERLY MART 115 Social Media Basics
- 21348 FDMA 2460 SD1 FORMERLY MART 201 Applying Social Media Techniques I
- 21349 FDMA 2470 SD 1 FORMERLY MART 202 Applying Social Media Techniques II
Going forward there will be 2 classes per semester.
The changes were made to make it easier, as the courses have a lot of course work and students were requesting more time. Each course will be about 40 hours including class time and homework.
I prefer that all students take the courses in order. I occasionally make exceptions but sometimes students find they are missing information from the earlier classes.
Below you can find comments from the college, basic course descriptions and my list of topics that will be covered during each course.
Remember the classes are all online.
For continuing education credits call Maria Montoya (505) 428-1734 or take your classes through Media Arts program.
Introduction to Social Media Basics
introduction to the basics of Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram. Linkedln, and Pinterest. Topics include audience, purpose, demographics, image creation in Canvas and Pic Monkey, obtaining and using stock images. Review of successful social media campaigns and evaluation tools available and management tools such as Hootsuite, Sproutsocial, Buffer, and Facebook scheduling. Offered: Online
Social Media Basics
Develop your skills using the social media platforms of Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram, Linkedln, and Pinterest and introduces blogging. Topics include successful social media campaigning. optimum scheduling. third-party scheduling, advertising, boost posting, Google analytics and social media integration with websites. Create and utilize a WordPress site. Offered: Online
Applying Social Media Techniques I
Manage personal and business social media platforms and design campaigns that consider demographics, analytics, and efficiency. Prepare for industry recognized exams that lest your skills for the job market. Offered: Online
Applying Social Media Techniques II
A capstone. course in social media techniques. Create professional business social media platforms and design campaigns that consider demographics. analytics and efficiency. Build a professional portfolio lo pre.pare for the job market. Offered: Online
These topics are approximate and may be in a different order. Each topic will be about an hour long. Each class will also have homework required. There is a quiz mid-way and a final test with each class.
- Introduction to social media.
- Legalities of images, content, etc
- Sizes of content for social media platforms.
- Demographics - What are they, why do you care?
- Stock Images
- Free online design programs for social media
- Intro to Facebook
- Intro to twitter
- Intro to linkedin
- Intro to Instagram
- Intro to Pinterest
- Intro to blogging
- Success, campaigns
- Evaluation tools
Social Media Basics (21320 FDMA 1476 SD1)
- Intro video on what we will be covering in this class
- Target Market
- Intermediate facebook
- Facebook advanced
- Facebook Live
- Twitter advanced
- Linkedin Company page
- On-going blogging
- Google Analytics
- WordPress Websites
- Social Media integration with websites WordPress
Applying Social Media Techniques I (21348 FDMA 2460 SD1)
- Additional options with WordPress
- Search Engine Optimization
- Advanced Google Analytics
- Google Keyword Tool
- Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Customer Interactions: Good and Bad
- Target Markets
- On Going Social Media Management
- Social Media Reports
- Social Media Ads: Pinterest & Instagram
- Facebook Business Manager
- Email Marketing Part 1
- Basics of Photoshop
Applying Social Media Techniques II (21349 FDMA 2470 SD-1)
- Find an internship
- Starting A Business
- Creating A Proposal
- On Going Blogging & Posts
- Fake News
- When Things Go Bad: Dealing with Negative Feedback
- Content Curation, Research and writing per platform
- WordPress Part 4
- Intermediate SEO
- Email Marketing Part 2
- How Things Change/Evolve
- Facebook Messanger
- Final Course Wrap Up