There are many different ways to build a web site and they all have their pros and cons. For small business owners who want to manage their own websites I always recommend WordPress. WordPress when set-up properly can be easily managed, the site can be updated from any internet connection (no special software needed) and the maintenance is minimal compared to some of the other systems. I have had some clients think that WordPress is only for blogs, but it is not. WordPress allows any one to have a blog on their site, but the blog is not necessary. I have also had clients say they tried WordPress years ago and hated it. Well WordPress has come a long way in the last few years. It is much easier to use and offers almost all the features you could possibly want. In fact this site is WordPress.
If you are considering different Content Management Systems, here are some benefits of WordPress:
- WordPress is free! (you still have to pay for domain name and hosting)
- There are many free themes available. If you want to set it up on your own.
- Many themes can automatically make your site mobile friendly
- It is easy to use.
- There is no special software to purchase.
- You can edit your own website.
- WordPress leaves options for growth. If you only want 5 pages now, you can add more pages later. You can also add other additional options in time like galleries, video, audio and shopping carts.
- WordPress can be linked to all your social media accounts.
- WordPress supports shopping carts with either paypal or Authorize.net
- Helps keep brand consistency.
Need more reasons? Interested in WordPress? Contact us 505-690-5709
Leave a Comment